Please note that Homecraft Books will not be mailed unless requested. Printed books will be available at the Drop-off Locations. The Homecraft Book is also available online at www.brooklinspringfair.com
1. Entry Forms may be submitted by:
- Mail Entry Forms to:
Brooklin Spring Fair: Homecraft Entry
Box 615 Brooklin, ON L1M 1B5
- On-line, Complete Entry Forms at:
- Drop-off Entry Forms at:
Brooklin Public Library, 8 Vipond Rd.
Whitby Public Library, 405 Dundas St.
Whitby Public Library, 701 Rossland Rd.
2. Early bird Entry Form deadline is on Saturday March 24, 2018 by online entry, mail or drop-off. Names will be entered in a random draw for a chance to win one of five one day passes.
3. All other Entry Forms must be received by online entry, drop-off or postmarked no later than Saturday April 14, 2018.
4. The extended deadline is Saturday May 19, 2018. There will be $5.00 Administration fee for entries received beyond Saturday April 14, 2018. Extended Entrants will receive tags when entries are de- livered to the Fair (see #7 below). Tags must then be attached by the Entrant.
No registrations will be accepted thereafter.
5. On-time Entrants (on or before Saturday April 14, 2018) will have their Exhibitor Tags mailed to them compliments of the Brooklin Spring Fair.
6. All entries must be submitted on the printed Entry Form provided in this prize list catalogue or in the format displayed on the website. Entry Forms can be photocopied if more space is required. Entry Forms must be dated and signed by the exhibitor.
7. Entries are to be delivered to the Luther Vipond Arena (67 Winchester Rd. E.) either on Wednesday, May 30th, 7:30 – 8:30 pm and /or Thursday, May 31, 8:00 – 11:00 am.
THE ARENA DOORS WILL BE CLOSED AND LOCKED AT 11:00 AM SHARP.
8. All work must be that of the exhibitor.
9. All exhibitors must be amateurs.
10. All exhibits must not have been previously shown at the Brooklin Spring Fair and will not be judged as a result.
11. No person shall enter more than one article per section.
12. Entry Tags must be AFFIXED to the article before drop-off. The Tag must be folded to conceal the exhibitor’s name.
13. Any questions pertaining to specific exhibits should be directed to the section chairperson.
14. Items will be judged in accordance to the Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies (OAAS) Judging Standards book or the Ontario Horticultural Judging Standards book.
15. Items entered will be judged at the Judge’s discretion based on merit and Judges are not obligated to award a 1st prize in any class.
16. The Homecraft display area will be closed to the public on Thursday, May 31st from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
17. Entries will be on display from Thursday, May 31st at 6:00 pm until Sunday, June 3rd at 4:00 pm.
18. Homecraft display area will be closed to the public on Sunday, June 3rd from 4:00 – 5:00 pm.
19. While Homecraft is closed, exhibitors are asked to wait outside the exhibit area until display areas are made accessible.
20. Exhibits must be picked up on Sunday, June 3rd between 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm.
21. Claim numbers must be shown for release of exhibits.
22. Articles not claimed by 6:00 pm on Sunday, June 3rd will be discarded.
23. The Society will not be responsible for any loss, damage to or accident to any person or property dur- ing the time of the Brooklin Spring Fair. Should any entry be accidentally damaged, lost or stolen, the Directors will give all the assistance in their power towards its recovery, but will not make any payment for the value thereof.
24. All prize money is donated by the Brooklin Spring Fair Agricultural Society unless otherwise stated.
25. Exhibitors, in classes where stated, with the most points in a Class will be awarded a prize of either money, a gift or a gift certificate. Points are awarded as follows:
1st prize = 4 points
2nd prize = 3 points
3rd prize = 2 points
4th prize = 1 point