The Welcome Home Building is a happening place to be on the Fairgrounds! Homecraft, little shoppes on the FAIRGROUNDS AND our family entertainment stage are all found inside.
The 2022 Arena Stage Schedule:
6:00pm – Spelling Bee & Concours d’Orthographe (French Spelling Bee), registration opens 5:15pm
1:45pm – Kids Pie Dive Competition
2:15pm – Pie Eating Competition
3:30pm – Spring Sing – Youth Talent Show, check in begins at 3:00pm
10:00am – Teddy Bear Parade
Please Note: The Ambassador Competition and Baby Show Competitions will proceed as virtual events for 2022.
Arena Competitions: Details
Spelling Bees (French and English
Have you heard the BUZZ? The Brooklin spring fair Spelling Bee is back and it’s going to BEE and un-BEE-lievably good time! Make you sure you stop by to visit our own BEE-autiful Queen Bee! Click here for more details!
SPELLING BEE & CONCOURS D’ORTHOGRAPHE (French Spelling Bee)
FRIDAY June 3, 2022 - 6:30 pm in the Arena
Committee Chairperson: TBA
Registration begins at 6:00 pm
Proudly sponsored by:
Iroquois Park Sport Facility
Optimist Club of Brooklin
Canadian Tire -Whitby North
Gordon L Corner Ltd.
No Entry Fee
Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd in each Class.
All children that participate will receive a participation prize.
1. Spelling Bee - English
Grades 2 & Under
Grades 3 & 4
Grades 5 & 6
Grades 7 & 8
2. Spelling Bee - French
Grades 3 &4
Grades 5 & 6
Grades 7 & 8
Pie Eating (Kids and Adults)
Kids Pie Dive
You've watched adults have fun with pie for years and now its your turn! Dive into whipped cream to find the treats buried inside to beat the clock and your competitors! We are looking for 8 kids who love a laugh and don't mind getting messy (don't worry mum and dad, it isn't too messy!) If this sounds like you, register ahead of time as space will be limited due to social distancing.
Spectators welcome to come out the day of to cheer on the pie aficionados.
Kids Pie Dive Competition Rules:
1. Must be 8-12 years of age to enter
2. Parent and/or guardian must sign Hold Harmless
3. Timed event
4. Competitor who can transfer the most candy with minimal whip cream wins
Kids Pive Dive Competition
SPRING SING - YOUTH TALENT SHOW
SATURDAY June 4, 2022 - 3:30 pm (check-in 3:00 pm)
Committee Chairpersons: Rob Hanson
No entry fee, Pre-registration is required! Closes May 20th! Spaces limited!
- Each competitor will sing one song, solo, on stage, in front of the judges. All songs must be expletive free (i.e. radio version).
- Maximum of four minutes per participant.
- Registration is first come, first serve. All participants will be confirmed by email or phone.
- Following registration, all participants will receive information by email with specific instructions on how to submit their song choice and the accompaniment they will be using. Participants can sing along with a karaoke track or accompany themselves with their own portable instrument such as a guitar, ukulele, mandolin, fiddle or banjo. If using a karaoke track there can be no vocals on it except for background harmonies.
- No song changes after May 20, 2022.
- Only 2 restarts will be allowed per performer - no exceptions.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your divisions assigned performance time. We will confirm times with participants on day of performance.
- Judges’ decision is final.
- Judging will be based on singing quality, performance and originality.
- Placing other than Top 3 will not be disclosed.
- Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places. Ribbons for all others.
- The Brooklin Spring Fair will not tolerate disrespectful behavior by performers or their entourage. This will result in being asked to leave and a risk of disqualification.
NOTE: Contestants under the age of 9 wishing to participate in the competition will be considered for entry on a case by case basis, please contact the Chairperson directly.
Prizes: 1st: $75, 2nd: $50, 3rd: $25
Participants must be between 9-12 yrs. of age on date of competition
Participants must be between 13-17 yrs. of age on date of competition
Teddy Bear Parade
Teddy Bear Parade
SUNDAY June 5, 2022 - 10:00 AM
Committee Chairperson: Kristin Slute
- Open to children 12 years and under who wishing to exhibit their favourite teddy bear.
- NO Entry Fee Required.
- Each exhibitor may enter only 2 categories and one bear per category.
- Each category must be a different bear.
- Teddy Bear must be shown by the registered exhibitor.
- Each exhibitor will receive a ribbon.
- Entries taken from 10 am till 10:15 am
- Late comers may be turned away.
Prizes: 1st $3.00, 2nd $2.00, 3rd $1.00
Ages 5 yrs & under
1. Fuzziest bear
2. My special bear
3. Vintage bear
4. Stuffed farm animal
Ages 6 to 12 yrs
5. Fuzziest bear
6. My special bear
7. Vintage bear
8. Stuffed farm animal
For the Teddy Bear Parade the office will not take any entries. All entries for the Teddy Bear Parade will be taken prior to the event at the arena (see above for registration times).
Peddle Tractor Pull
FRIDAY June 3, 2022 - 5:00 pm in the Arena
Committee Chairperson: JJ Slute
Registration begins at 4:00 pm
- The individual must be able to pedal the tractor without assistance.
- Pedal tractors whether supplied or brought by the participant must be in proper repair and are subject to inspection. No modifications such as changes to driveline components will be eligible to pull.
- No motorized tractors (fuel driven or electric/ battery powered) will be eligible to pull.
- Pedal tractors must be metal/ diecast.
- All contestants must be wearing proper footwear and in proper form.
- All contests will be given 3 chances to get the sled moving once the sled is past 5 feet no restarts will be permitted.
- The pulling tractor must stay in its pulling lane.
- Should the competitor leave the pulling lane the distance will be measured from beginning to where the first tire crossed the line.
- In the case of a tie there will be a pull off to determine the winner.
- Both genders age 4-12 are eligible to enter.
- The judge's decision will be final for all pulls.
- All contestants must be present by the time of the pedal pull with a completed Hold Harmless stating Brooklin Agricultural Society will not be accountable for financial loss or hardship due to accidental injury.
- Participation will be granted on a first come first served basis and could be limited.
- All children must be accompanied buy a parent or guardian.
- Brooklin Agricultural Society reserves the right to disqualify and individual for behavioural misconduct or parental dispute
- Age 4 years and younger
- Age 5-6
- Age 7-8
- Age 9-12
Entry is free with signed waver.