Welcome to the 2022 Hybrid Homecraft at the Brooklin Spring Fair!
Check out the available categories below along with the 2022 Rules. Note that we are also accepting registration and entries via mail to ensure that no one is left out in competing this year. Registration and entries must all be completed using the same method (i.e. you must enter all your categories online OR via paper/mail).
Any questions pertaining to specific exhibits should be directed to the the Hybrid Homecraft committee via Kristin Slute, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance with online registration please email Rachel Gillis at email@example.com
We look forward to seeing what you create – happy crafting!
2022 Homecraft Rules
Please be patient as we work through this new process to bring you Brooklin Fair’s first ever hybrid homecraft!
IN PERSON CLASSES AND VIRTUAL CLASSES:
CLASS 100: Quilts & Quilting (IN PERSON)
CLASS 200: Knitting & Crocheting (IN PERSON)
CLASS 300: Sewing (IN PERSON)
CLASS 400: Household Items & Crafts (IN PERSON)
CLASS 500: Seniors 55+ (IN PERSON)
CLASS 500: Seniors 55+ Photography (VIRTUAL)
CLASS 700: Culinary Arts Specials (VIRTUAL)
CLASS 700: Culinary Arts Specials – OAAS Butter tart Competition (IN PERSON)
CLASS 900: Weird & Wacky (IN PERSON)
CLASS 1000: Adults with Special Needs (IN PERSON)
CLASS 1100: Adult Photography (VIRTUAL)
CLASS 1200: Horticulture (IN PERSON)
CLASS 1300: Junior Culinary Arts (VIRTUAL)
CLASS 1300: Junior Culinary Arts – OAAS Plain Chocolate Chip Cookie Competition (IN PERSON)
CLASS 1400: Junior Talents JK – Gr.9 (HYBRID - IN-PERSON & VIRTUAL)
CLASS 1400: Youth Poster Competition – Junior, Intermediate & Senior (IN PERSON)
CLASS 1500: Junior & Young Adult Photography (VIRTUAL)
CLASS 1600: Junior & Young Adult Horticulture (IN PERSON)
CLASS 1700: Young Adults – Gr. 10-12 (IN PERSON)
GENERAL HOMECRAFT RULES:
- All work must be that of the exhibitor. For virtual entries, all photos of entries must be originals taken by the Exhibitor. A maximum of one entry photo per section will be accepted.
- All exhibitors must be amateurs.
- All exhibits must not have been previously shown at the Brooklin Spring Fair and will not be judged as a result.
- No person shall enter more than one article per section.
- Any questions pertaining to specific exhibits should be directed to the Homecraft chairperson; Kristin Slute, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Items will be judged in accordance with the Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies (OAAS) Judging Standards book or the Ontario Horticultural Judging Standards book. Virtual entries and physical entries will be judged equally.
- Items entered will be judged at the Judge’s discretion based on merit and Judges are not obligated to award a 1st prize in any class. All judges’ decisions are final.
- Some Classes will be on physical display this year and some classes will be displayed virtually.
- The Society will not be responsible for any loss or postal disruptions in the delivery of the entries.
- All prize money is donated by the Brooklin Spring Fair Agricultural Society unless otherwise stated.
- See specific Class Rules to avoid disqualification.
HOW TO ENTER AND ENTRY DEADLINES: Exhibitor Tags will be mailed to Exhibitors compliments of the Brooklin Spring Fair if received by the deadlines outlined below. If you require assistance with our online entry system, please contact us at email@example.com
- To enter in the Homecraft competition online, browse to your desired category, click the Registration button, and follow the steps in AssistExpo.
- All online entry forms must be received through the online entry platform by midnight Sunday May 15, 2022.
- IMPORTANT: Any exhibits for virtual classes MUST be submitted at the same time as you submit your entry form. You can add your categories to the "cart" but do not check out until such time as you have uploaded all photos of your entries.
- Entry forms for the Homecraft competition can be submitted by mail to: Brooklin Spring Fair Homecraft Entry PO Box 615 Brooklin, ON L1M 1B5
- All mailed entry forms must be postmarked no later than Friday May 6, 2022. Mailed entry forms must include the Exhibitor Name and Category to be entered.
- There will be a $5 Administration Fee for entries received beyond Sunday May 15, 2022. The Exhibitor will receive the exhibitor tags when the in-person exhibits are delivered to the fair. No entries will be received beyond May 31, 2022, at midnight.
- Exhibits are to be delivered to the Luther Vipond Arena (67 Winchester Rd. E.) either on Wednesday June 1, 7:30PM – 8:30PM and/or Thursday June 2, 8:00AM – 11:00AM. The Arena doors will be closed and locked at 11:00AM sharp.
- Entry tags must be affixed to the article before drop-off. The tag must be folded to conceal the Exhibitor’s Name.
Quilts and Quilting
Knitting and Crocheting
Household Items and Crafts
Culinary Arts Specials
Weird and Wacky
Junior Culinary Arts
Young Adults - Grades 10 to 12
Click HERE to Register